[Open letter to Mayor Pete Buttigieg]
If all that is being told about you is true – or even a portion of it – I find you to be a total embarrassment to the citizens of Indiana. I have no idea how those of South Bend ever elected you to be Mayor. Now you want them and millions of others to elect you as President of the United States. This is one sick joke.
You don’t seem to be able to run South Bend. The reported crime rate in South Bend is 60 per one thousand residents – one of the highest crime rates in America. Chicago is reported as 44 per one thousand residents. South Bend gets the prize. And I understand the African-American former police chief is suing the city. You don’t seem to be able to get along with the black community at all – sit at a table and take notes.
Here are a few other “facts” about you that I find offensive, if true:
- You are the son of a communist father and mother; like parents, like son or call it socialism
- You favor the “Green New Deal”
- You want to abolish the Electoral College
- You favor packing the Supreme Court
- You want to repeal the Trump tax cuts
- You favor sanctuary cities and states
- You favor quick paths to citizenship for DACA designees & illegal aliens
- You favor late term abortions
- You favor Draconian 2nd Amendment restrictions
South Bend was ranked as one of the worst places to live in the country in 2018. Nice work.
But I must say that the one that got me the most was your comments about late term abortion. You attempted to use the Bible as justification saying something about life begins with the first breath after being born. And you claim to be a devout Episcopalian. That is total BS.
I am from a family of Episcopalians. My grandmother was an immigrant from England. I, too, am an Episcopalian. You really should be shunned by the church and driven out. The Episcopal Church talks about a three-legged stool: the Bible, Tradition, and Reason. You have attempted to bastardize teachings of your claimed church. Shame on you.
In short, you should pack it up and return to South Bend with your tail between your legs; back to your husband. And stay there.